New Planet Energy’s state-of-the-art recycling facility is capable of handling 350 tons of Municipal Solid Waste (MSW) per hour.
Here's how it works:
- The MSW arrives at the tip floor and gets automatically dump through numerous electric hydraulic truck tippers.
- MSW gets introduced to the system through drum feeders that begin to rip open bags meter the material for a consistent flow.
- The Trommels finish the bag opening process and then start to separate the smaller fractions from the larger fractions.
- Sorters will positively sort the bulky plastics, bulky metals and hand sort the clean, soiled free cardboard.
- Drum magnets remove all the metals, all the way down to a nail, before the Primary Shredder.
- The Primary shredder uniformly sizes the material for further 2D & 3D separation before going to the opticals.
- Our Optical sorters are capable of sorting the plastics, the SRF contaminants,provide BTU and moisture content.
- The secondary shredder sizes the SRF to spec and sends it off to testing.
- After testing, the dryers know exactly how much Non Thermal drying needs to be done to achieve the SRF spec.
- The recyclables are then baled and sent on to their new lives as water bottles, milk jugs, plastic paint cans, new toy boxes, beverage cans and new car parts.