New Planet Energy’s state-of-the-art recycling facility is capable of handling 350 tons of Municipal Solid Waste (MSW) per hour.
Here's how it works:
- The MSW goes through a trommel, breaking all the bags to get out the fines, rocks and dirt. Shredders then size down the material for sorting.
- After washing all the recyclables through a closed loop Rocket Washer a series of over 40 optical sorters remove all the recyclables and identify the contaminated particles that the Refuse Derived Fuel (RDF) can’t have.
- Eddy currents remove all the aluminum and drum magnets remove all the metals, all the way down to a nail.
- All the recyclables are then baled and sent on to their new lives as water bottles, milk jugs, plastic paint cans, new toy boxes, beverage cans and new car parts.
- The remaining items continue down the line to a final shredder that sizes everything down to less than two inches to produce Refuse Derived Fuel, or RDF.